Pregnancy Pilates classes at Kinetic Sports Physiotherapy
THE SUPERIOR PILATES FOR CORE ACTIVATION AND MOTOR CONTROL
Using a combination of reformer & trapeze machines as well as mat work, clinical Pilates maintains fitness, flexibility & strength during pregnancy in a controlled environment with a Physiotherapist.The programming is strictly individualised, and focuses on motor control and core activation to optimise function, maintain strength and fitness and control pain if required. Kate Antcliff is a very experienced Physiotherapist, working in private practice for over 7 years, and has a specialty in Clinical Pilates.
What is Clinical Pilates?
Clinical Pilates is recognised by health professionals as one of the best forms of exercising to improve functional movement, optimising how your body moves and for management of pain. Clinical Pilates involves construction of an individual program, completion of exercises on varying equipment including the reformer, as well as a basic home exercise program.
What are the benefits of performing Clinical Pilates during pregnancy and post-partum?
- Maintain fitness, flexibility & strength in a controlled environment with state of the art facilities and a specialised Physiotherapist.
- Individualised program for your specific pre and post- partum needs.
- Activation of core muscles to support pregnancy and manage back pain.
- Core activation without stressing of the abdominal wall or diastasis.
- Re-strengthening of pelvic floor & core through functional exercise.
Kinetic Sports Physiotherapy's Clinical Pilates classes are eligible for health fund rebates.